A Personal Note from our Staff
If you have a serious research-related question for us (things about the ship, history or crew), please be sure to consult our Frequently Asked Questions and/or our site search first. There's a very good chance that you may find an answer therein. You are also requested to try posting your question on our Facebook page or our Forum. Chances are, someone there will point you in the right direction.
You can otherwise contact our website staff through the links under the photo to the left. Before doing so, please understand that we run this website on a voluntary basis – though we are deeply committed to the preservation of the memories of Hood and her crew, we do have commitments to our regular jobs and our families. With that in mind, we won't always be able to respond to all requests. When and if we do respond, it may not always be immediately or quickly.
Please do not contact our staff with Association membership-related questions. Instead, please see the following page on our site: How to Join/Renew Membership in the H.M.S. Hood Association.
Extended Staff & Expert Consultants
The following individuals (listed alphabetically) do not work on the website on a regular basis, but have made very notable, repeat contributions to the website. We appreciate their past as well as their continued help and we owe them much. Some may be contacted regarding their speciality areas:
- Ian Beattie (Hood Collectibles, Antiques & Artefacts)
- David Chessum (UK National Archives Document Transcription)
- Elspeth Cooper (UK National Archives Document Transcription)
- John England (Good Advice plus Editorial Help & Review)
- Ingo Hohm (Small Scale Models/Miniatures of Hood (1/1200-1250 scale)
- Ian Johnston (Hood Design & Construction)
- Bill Jurens (Naval Technical Issues - contact him through our site's forum)
- Don Kindell (Royal Navy Crew and Casualty Information)
- Mary Mochan (Casualty information)
- George Moore (Royal Navy Construction Information)
- Maurice Northcott (All Aspects of Hood)
- John Roberts (All Aspects of Hood)
- Michel Rozon (UK National Archives Document Transcription)
- Thomas Schmid (Advanced Computer Graphics of Hood)
- Bruce Taylor (Historical background of Hood)
- David Weldon (All Aspects of Hood)
We would also like to thank every single member of the H.M.S. Hood Association and all those who served or had relatives/friends who served, for their continued help and support. We could not do this without you.